I took off for President's Day and enjoyed the day with my hubby and kids, since my husband has been out of town for the past week. He's helping me put up my thrifty chandy that I am putting in the kids' Jack & Jill bathroom, and like everything, it always seems to take longer than it should.
So, in the meantime, here are some pics of the dining room with the new rug. It looks great, and now I'm on a mission to get some drapes up in there!
To see the other posts about this dining room update, click here and here.
And since this room is evolving, let me remind you that the next Room Evolution party is on Wednesday, February 29th! Mark your calendars!
So, I've been tagged by three different bloggers - Lisa from Shine Your Light, Cathy from Room Rx and Maury, from Life on Mars - in a fun little quiz in which I answer 11 questions and then tag 10 more bloggers with my own 11 questions. So, since I want to participate in all of them (but don't want to bore you with 33 questions & answers about me), I'm taking a few from each of them and combining them into one quiz. So, here we go!
1. What is your favorite place in the United States?
When you say "United States", I'm including all fifty states and am going to say Hawaii. My husband and I went to Hawaii, pre-kids and it was the most amazing vacation we've ever taken. Just a breathtaking place all around, and I hope we can go again someday. We took a day and drove the Road to Hana, which I highly recommend if you're ever in Maui. Amazing. And as you get started, stop at the little hut that sells the best banana bread. Ever.
2. Where would you love to visit that you've never been before?
Hmmmm. This is a good one. Given that I'm a big fan of crystal clear blue water and sandy white beaches, I'd have to go with someplace like Bora Bora or Tahiti. Yes, please.
3. What is one of your pet peeves?
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi. For instance, when I see someone (an adult, who should know better) use "your" in the place of "you're", it's like nails on a chalkboard.
4. Name one thing on your bucket list.
5. What is something about yourself that you'd like to change?
6. Is there a 2012 resolution you've already broken?
See question #6. ;-)
7. What is your best advice for raising children?
A few things come to mind on this one:
- Let your children "overhear" your praise of them when talking to other people
- Pick your battles
- Enjoy every moment of their littleness - it's so difficult when you're an exhausted, bleary-eyed mother, but those days are fleeting, even if they feel like they'll never end while you're living them
I'm assuming this question is DIY related, so with that, I'm going to have to say that painting my kitchen cabinets is my favorite. Not in terms of the process, but I'm proud that I was able to do it. If that makes sense.
9. What is one thing everyone should know about you?
I get extremely crabby if I don't get some sort of workout in during the day (I typically go over my lunch hour). It gets me out of the office, releases my stress and helps me deal with the second half of the day. If I don't go - watch out. It's not pretty. People who know me can vouch for this.
10. What is your favorite kitchen or home improvement tool?
My favorite kitchen tool is by far, my Kitchen Aid mixer. I have had this baby for years now, and still use it on a regular basis. Truly worth every penny!
11. What do you enjoy about blogging?
I love that blogging incorporates three things that I enjoy so very much - home design, photography and writing. Plus, I love all of the new people I've "met" and daily inspiration I encounter with all of the different blogs that I have discovered. It's fantastic!
There you go! Now, I'm passing the baton.
Next to share the Rules:
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them
Here are my eleven questions for you!
1. What is your biggest fear or phobia?
2. What is your proudest moment?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. Tell me something about you few people know.
5. What do you do to release your stress?
6. If you could take a dream trip to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. Name a quirky trait or habit of yours.
8. If you could time travel and live in a different era, when would it be?
9. What DIY project are you most proud of?
10. If you had $1 million to give to a worthy cause/person of your choice, what/who would it be?
11. If you had a magical power, what would it be?
Linking up to: