One item that is always on my holiday to-do list is Christmas cards. I don't know about you, but the mere idea of a family photo causes me to break out in hives. Trying to make sure that everyone is clean, happy, coordinated and cooperative is like buying a Powerball ticket - the odds aren't in my favor. Perhaps this is why we haven't had a true family photo in, um, three years. I do love this photo from 2008, but boy, if this photo could talk, oh the stories it could tell...
When this happens and I don't have a group photo that I can work with, I go to Plan B -put together a holiday card with photos of everyone individually. That's what I did last year.
This year's card should arrive tomorrow, so I'm keeping it under wraps for now. :-) But I must give Shutterfly some snaps, because they offer a lot of choices and some great deals! (Not being paid by Shutterfly, I just love them).
The card is only the first step, then there is The Christmas Letter. Let me tell you up front, that I am not a "My-Kid-is-an-Honor-Student" Christmas letter writer, because honestly, they're just not real. You know the ones I'm talking about. So, my version is the exact opposite.
For example, one year I wrote about the five FREE things I wanted for Christmas, which included the following:
- The Remote
- An uninterrupted telephone call, shower or trip to the bathroom
- Not world peace - household peace
- I want my kids to listen to me
- I want my husband to change the empty roll of toilet paper
- Let’s think about it. If a man is using toilet paper, isn’t a safe bet that he’s usually sitting down? So, if he’s sitting down, is it such a stretch to ask that he put the magazine down for a moment and put the toilet paper on the roll?
So, are your holiday cards ready to go?
(Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a $50 gift card from NOVICA - contest ends on Friday, December 9th!)
The 36th Avenue - Blogging Around the Christmas Tree